Living with chronic pain can be hugely restrictive, causing physical and mental strain on a daily basis. So, whether it's sciatica, scoliosis, migraines, or joint points, finding a solution is essential for your future wellbeing. Manual therapy is undoubtedly one of the most beneficiary solutions for a host of ailments.
Rehealth Me proudly offers manual therapy for a range of conditions, supporting clients in Milton Keynes and the surrounding areas. Whether used as a stand-alone treatment or in conjunction with other procedures, the improvements can be felt right away.
What are the benefits of manual therapy for chronic pain?
Manual therapy is the use of hands-on techniques, such as mobilisation and muscle manipulation, to manually treat a range of neurological, cardio-respiratory, and orthopedic conditions. It dates back almost 2,500 years, although the practices used by professional therapists are far more advanced.
The use of manual therapy can deliver a wide range of rewards for patients experiencing chronic pains, including but not limited to;
- Pain reduction due to increased blood oxygen levels, reduced inflammation, muscle relaxation, and mental tranquility.
- Increased mobility due to improved flexibility, range of movements, and adhesions between soft tissues in the affected area.
- Improved muscle function and extensibility, which can also improve stability, strength, and conditioning of muscles.
The benefits of manual therapy can subsequently reduce the impact that chronic pains have on your life, thus enabling you to complete daily assignments with greater ease and comfort. Patients throughout Milton Keynes and the surrounding areas can, therefore, expect to enjoy a far better quality of life.
Manual therapy can be supported by physical therapies and exercises either at home or in the office to take those rewards to the next level.
Which chronic pains can manual therapy help?
Manual therapy can help alleviate pain and discomfort in a range of situations while the physical benefits of function and movement can support patients through virtually all mobility issues. Some of the most commonly treated conditions are;
- Headaches and neck pain, thanks to muscle relaxation and increased blood oxygen.
- Root pains and/or sciatica due to muscle and nerve manipulations.
- Diseases of the hips and upper and lower limbs, thanks to improved movement and reduced inflammation.
- Ailments of the migraine type as a result of increased blood oxygen and improved underlying muscle issues.
- Scoliosis and posture defects, thanks to muscle manipulation and inflammation reduction.
- Sleep disturbance due to pain relief, increased mental calmness, and the treatment of underlying issues.
- Joint pains of the spine and limbs thanks to blood oxygen increase and increased range of motion.
Chronic pain manual therapy can deliver immediate pain relief to transform your physical wellbeing while the rewards can, particularly when combined with other treatments, last a lifetime. Better still there are no side effects while patients aren't required to take medications.
Book you manual therapy treatment in Milton Keynes today
If you are suffering from any of the above chronic pains, manual therapy could be the ideal solution to inject some normality back into your life. To discover more, call Rehealth Me today for a full consultation.